What We Believe:
ShareHope is about clothing. Yes. But more than that, ShareHope is about people and about building relationships. We want to create a world where people have jobs that give them and their families the dignity that they deserve.
Have you ever thought about who made your clothing? Like you and me, these are people with families, friends, and dreams. But these dreams are too often deferred by poverty, discrimination, and lack of opportunities. Our vision is that each of these people has a chance at their dreams.
How ShareHope Works:
- Creating Decent Jobs: ShareHope's primary mandate is to transform communities by creating secure and decent jobs. We do this by bringing garment manufacturing work to Haiti and facilitating the design, production, and delivery of those products.
- Uncompromising Corporate Responsibility: We work closely with factories to make sure that they are complying with the highest standards of corporate social responsibility. But we always seek to go above and beyond, putting the dignity of every individual worker front and center.
- Social Programs: Although the heart of ShareHope is our business, we know that workers won't always be able to have access to the basic social services they need. So we're owned by a nonprofit (called ShareHope Foundation), that runs a number of social programs for workers in the Haitian garment industry.
Our Social Programs:
ShareHope Foundation runs five programs for workers in the Haitian garment industry.
- Health Training Program: our peer-to-peer health training program trains workers during their lunch break (with free food!) on basic health modules, including personal hygiene, nutrition, waterborne diseases, HIV/AIDS, family planning, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and waste management.
- Factory Clinic Improvement Program: ShareHope is working with the factory management and health staff to improve the functionality of the clinics inside the factories. This includes training nurses, collecting data on worker health, and helping them establish better working procedures.
- High School Completion Program: We run an after-work program for workers who want to finish their last year of high school and get their diploma. Our slogan is “Finish What You Started”, because we believe that by reaching goals we never believed we could reach, we are able to take pride in ourselves, our work, and our achievements.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Workers' Programs: Haiti has a significant deaf and hard of hearing community, and we are committed to providing equal access to these workers through a number of programs, including free custom hearing aids, speech pathology sessions, and sign language and literacy classes.
- Sanitation and Waste Management Program: ShareHope not only provides training on waste management, but we have also partnered with SOIL Haiti to provide workers with a low-cost dry toilet service. Many people in Haiti do not have toilets in their own homes, which can lead to problems with sanitation and safety.
The ShareHope Leggings:
Our specialty legging business has three purposes:
- To generate revenue for our social programs
- To educate consumers about the sourcing of their apparel and transform their decision-making process
- To create an "ethical option", enabling women to buy leggings in a way that is making the world a more prosperous and equitable place
How does our fabric fight bacteria and prevent odor?
During production, our fabric was given two safe and environmentally friendly forms of odor control:
- Agion (TM), a technology which uses antimicrobial Copper and Zinc ions to help prevent the growth of odor causing bacteria. This product is Bluesign approved - a certification which requires meeting strenuous environmental standards.
- Lava (TM) Zeolites, a technology that absorbs odor continually during wear to keeps the garment smelling fresh. Zeolites are naturally occurring volcanic minerals with odor absorbing properties, and this product is also Bluesign approved.
How big is the phone pocket?
The back pocket comfortably fits an iPhone 6/7 (5.5in x 2.6in) and similarly sized phones. An iPhone 6/7 plus probably won't fit. Most small wallets will also fit in the pocket.
How do I know my size?
Our sizing is in line with industry standards, so if your Nike or Adidas leggings are a Medium, you'll be a Medium with us too. You can also find your pant size on the chart below. Jump back to the legging.
What is your return policy?
It's really important to us that our customers are 100% satisfied with their leggings. So if you have any concern about sizing, or if there is a problem with the product, we will be happy to it or accept a return within 10 days of you receiving it. Return shipping is on us.